Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Nanos

I love well-made, well-designed chidlren's clothing. And the truth is that brands that fit these two categories are getting harder and harder to find. So imagine my delight when I finally walked into one of these few boutiques, one I knew by name and from their website but had never had the chance to see in person: the Spanish company Nanos.

They have a few shops in Europe, and just recently opened a space inside Harrods. They also have an online shop. I visited their Notting Hill, London, shop last week - and I was not disappointed! It was all I had expected, and better!



The boutique itself is BEAUTIFUL - the aesthetic is exactly what I love for children's rooms, and if I didn't do interior decorating myself, I'd hire their shop designer! :-) Understated, refined, chic, a treat to the eyes. The clothing, shoes and accessories as well are absolutely beautiful - and wonderfully made in Spain. The staff were lovely and I particularly enjoyed talking to the manager about the boutiques, and especially hearing they are doing well.

We left with a teddy bear for our daughter (who had stayed with her grandparents in Portugal) - unfortunately there was no room left in the suitcase for much more! A must visit, if you happen to be in the neighbourhood of a Nanos!

And if anyone can tell me the colours they used for their woodwork, I would be very grateful! ;-)

No comments: